When you are suffering from hemorrhoids, there are some things which you know only after you have experienced them. In some cases you get the feeling of a blocked or obstructed poop. You do feel the urge to eliminate but when you sit down for it, something feels stuck up and it gets hard to poop or hurts.
That’s a scary situation to be in, when you know that every time you go for a poop, you are going to struggle with it. And somehow after you are done, you will get that burning, itching, painful bottom. You can even start bleeding if the condition is a bit severe.
It will feel like it is taking over all the aspects of your life. Sitting, walking, standing and working, everything gets painful. You are afraid to go to the toilets. The worst part is that no one would understand the problem you are going through.
How to have a bowel movement with hemorrhoids?
It really depends on the severity of your condition. Can you try out a holistic approach to things. There are some short term as well long term solutions you can try out in combination but in case you have a severe problem with blocked poop, it is best to seek a doctor, more specifically a gastroenterologist. Enema could help you temporarily.
You will have to understand one thing here. Solution is not about getting your poop out once or a couple of times, solution is,not to have this problem again and again. That is the natural state you should be in.
Here are some simple yet effective ways to help you ease out with blocked poop.
- Drink lots of water – This may seem obvious but it is as important. Drink a lot of water to make your stools softer and facilitate movement in your colon.
- Try a proper position to poop, this would be something similar to squat. Squatting relaxes and straightens your rectum. Actually, this is something important which most of us are ignorant about. Squatting rather than sitting during your bowel movements is a much better position.
- Increase your dietary fiber intake – Things like oatmeal, flaxseeds, and fruits are really helpful. Any fruits will work fine. Apple juice or prune juice is also good.
Those who are suffering with IBS should be more careful with their fiber. Some of the fiber sources may not suit them. Just know about your suitability before increasing your fiber intake.
- Try some sitz bath with Epsom salt
- Some of the suppositories will make you poop in minutes. You can use simple glycerin suppositories for easy movement. You can also use creams for this.
- Try some stool softening tablets available over the counter
- You can use some good laxatives to help you out. Psyllium husk is one natural laxative which can be quite effective if taken the right way.
- Go for regular walks. Avoid sitting for long hours at a stretch and go for regular walks. This is a simple exercise that will get your internals moving. Most people have such sedentary lifestyles that they hardly move.
These are some ways you can try out if you have hemorrhoids blocking your bowel movements. You have to treat them in the right way and they can heal permanently, never to bother you again.