Is Hemorrhoids bothering you in any way?
Hemorrhoids in pregnancy can really be a cause of worry for a lot of women. There is a lot of discomfort, swelling, pain and itchiness that come with them. In some cases they can get so bad that it becomes impossible to keep your mind off your problem – you cannot even do your daily work properly, you cannot sit for long and most importantly you cannot enjoy your time with the baby. This time is too precious to be getting worried about such problems and cause stress.
Occurrence of Hemorrhoids in pregnancy
Hemorrhoids can occur during pregnancy, usually in third trimester and sometimes it can happen even after pregnancy and child birth. It can happen due to weight gain, hormonal imbalances and pushing during the labour.
So what is the solution ?
Remember, you can not take any synthetic medications in pregnancy without doctor’s advice, so its best to go for natural treatments and preventive care as much as possible. These do not have any side effects.
What can you do to get a quick relief – especially if you are taking care of most important things in your diet. You skip any of them and you can aggravate the problem. These are simple things which you must take care of –
- Keep a good water intake – This may sound obvious but most people would simply skip this or ignore this. You need to keep your body and colon system hydrated. Remember, you have to avoid being constipated. Our second things is also directly related to this
- Fiber rich food – You don’t have to go out to find this. It’s just the food with some roughage – fruits and veggies have it. Flaxseeds, oatmeal, whole wheat pasta, avocados, blackberries, broccoli, peas, black beans, lentils are there just to name a few. Fiber will help in proper flow of food in your intestines and prevent constipation.
- Add some oil in your diet – A lot of people skip this too. A little bit of oil helps in easy carriage of foods in our stomach like a well-oiled machine. So if oil is lacking in your diet, just add it tastefully.
Apart from these very simple diet tips you need to take care of your postures – do not sit or stand for long hours. This will help you in reducing the swelling. You have to take breaks – lie down, walk, relax
Quick and Easy Natural Home Remedies
Now if you are already suffering from hemorrhoids, here are some of the things that can be done to get a good relief.
- Use ice-packs over the inflamed area, this will soothe the swelling and the pain
- Use coconut oil to apply on the itchy area. – again this is good for swelling and pain.
- Sitz bath can give you a nice and quick relief from the pain
- Use natural stool softners like psyllium husk to prevent constipation
A little bit of care will keep you away from this problem to a large extent.