What is a thrombosed hemorrhoid?
When a hemorrhoid develops a clot or gets ruptured, it is called Thrombosed hemorrhoid or clotted hemorrhoids. A person who is suffering from external thrombosed hemorrhoids can have symptoms like burning sensation and pain while standing, sitting and defecating. This can cause a lot of problem in doing day to day work and sometimes it becomes nearly impossible to concentrate on anything else. Clotting, bleeding and rupturing can also result in infections leading to puss and discharge from the area. You have to keep it as clean as possible.
In some cases, a surgery may be recommended for any such condition but you can always get a home treatment or remedy for the same. Very often, these simple remedies can be quite effective in treating it and they can save you a lot of pain, money and time in going through a surgery.
1 Applying Witch hazel can be quite effective in hemorrhoids. This is one of the common treatments you can use to get relief from the pain
2. Simple diet changes – Simple changes such as adding fiber to your daily diet and drinking a lot of water can help a lot. Cut down on processed foods. Your body needs fiber for a good bowel movement. Constipation is known to be one of the most common causes for this issue. By adding fiber to your diet you can help relieve your condition.
Diet and lifestyle changes play an important role in such health problems. Living a fast paced lifestyle, having a lot of junk food, alcohol or smoking does take a toll on body. The effects may not be evident right away but as you grow old, things can take a bad shape. So it is better to prevent such ailments rather than looking for instant cures and make such conditions even worse.
3. SItz bath – Sitz bath soothes the pain and itching along with helping keep a good hygiene. This will help reduce inflammation and strain to the anal area. You have to ensure that area is clean. You can use a mild creamy soap for washing. Avoid strong and hard soaps as they can dry up skin, we don’t want that.
Also. avoid using a dry toilet paper.
4. Warm bath – You can go for a warm water bath after bowel movements. Doing this daily can help relieve pain and itching. Its good if you have a bath tub, even if you don’t, you can go for a sitz bath.
5. Aloe vera gel is known to soothe skin. You can apply the gel on the affected area. You may have to apply it again after every few hours so that it keeps itching in check. Drinking aloe vera juice is also helpful.
6. Keep yourself well hydrated – Make sure that you have plenty of water daily. You should drink around 10 glasses a day.
7. Use stool softners available in the market. This will reduce the straining while passing stools.
All these are simple steps but they can really help in improving the condition. You can try them all and feel a change in your condition. Some people say that strapping them with a rubber band for some time or popping, bursting the hemorrhoids can be done but such approaches can be quite risky as they increase the chance of bleeding and infections. Home remedies have to be safe and effective.